Best LEGO Education and STEAM Toys and Sets Guide: Welcome to Technika’s round-up of the top LEGO Education Sets, Toys and STEAM Learning Solutions for Boys and Girls you can buy in 2019. This buying guide is the result of many days of building and playing with LEGO education sets, reading thousands of user reviews, crowdsourced opinions and owner ratings, our personal experience, and more. From SPIKE Prime, WeDo 2.0, Simple Machines to DUPLO Coding Express, find the perfect LEGO Education Sets and STEAM Learning Solutions for kids and teenagers.
WHAT IS STEAM?
STEAM is an educational approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking. The goal is for students to take thoughtful risks, engage in experimental learning and problem solving, embrace collaboration and work through creative processes.
STEAM VS. STEM
STEM toys and programs are limited to only science, technology, engineering and math. It is said that the critical process of creativity and innovation is missing. STEAM on the other hand is a way to take the benefits of STEM and complete the overall package by integrating application, creation and ingenuity in and through the arts. STEAM is about taking STEM to the next level. It allows students to connect their learning from STEM together with arts practices, design principles and standards to provide the whole pallet of learning at their disposal.
WHAT IS LEGO EDUCATION SPIKE PRIME?
LEGO Education SPIKE Prime is a powerful STEAM learning solution for middle school that combines LEGO bricks, coding language based on Scratch, and a programmable multi-port Hub to help every learner become a confident learner.
LIFELONG LEARNING STARTS WITH CONFIDENCE
According to a global survey, lifelong learning starts with confidence. Survey was conducted online by The Harris Poll on behalf of LEGO Education from February 6-28, 2019.
3 out of 4 teachers say anxiety and lack of confidence hinder learning.
Fewer than 1/5 students are “very confident” in learning STEAM subjects.
Why is hands-on learning for students important?
93% of parents believe hands-on learning helps children retain knowledge for the future.
89% of students say hands-on learning helps them learn new things.
87% of students say hands-on learning helps them remember the topics longer.
55% of students say that it makes them more confident in STEAM
99% of teachers believe hands-on learning builds students’ confidence.
91% of teachers would like to integrate more hands-on lessons in their classroom.
Students who are confident in learning STEAM subjects are two times more likely to say they are confident at school today. Students, parents and teachers agree that the best way to build confidence in STEAM is working on a hands-on project with others.
Best LEGO Education Sets and Toys for Secondary School Kids 2019
- LEGO Education SPIKE Prime STEAM learning tool
- LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3
- LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox
- LEGO Simple And Powered Machines Set
LEGO Education SPIKE Prime
The LEGO Education SPIKE Prime Set is the best STEAM learning tool for students in grades 6-8. Combining colorful LEGO building elements, easy-to-use hardware, and an intuitive drag-and-drop coding language based on Scratch, SPIKE Prime engages students through playful learning activities to think critically and solve complex problems, no matter their learning level – all while having fun.
- Builders of all ages will love building and coding their fully-functional robot to walk, talk, and even play games or complete tasks! This educational STEM robot toy makes engineering fun for everyone who builds it.
- LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 is built with 601 pieces and includes the intelligent EV3 Brick, 3 servo motors, plus color, touch and IR sensors. Connect with your smart device and download the free EV3 programmer app to control the robot!
- LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 comes with instructions for 17 different robotic designs, each with its own unique features. Builders can program their STEM robots to talk, walk, grab, shoot targets and more! Kids will love this creative and educational toy!
- LEGO MINDSTORMS building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building.The perfect tech toy if you want to build your own robot and explore endless learning activities
- Who doesn't love robots? Introduce kids to the creative world of coding with the best educational STEM toys to foster their curiosities. Building, learning, and programming robots has never been more fun!
- Includes 847 LEGO pieces that kids can build and rebuild into 5 cool multifunctional models. The best and most popular robotics toys for 7-12 year old boys and girls who love to tinker and learn about science. Use the latest tech like color, distance and tilt sensors.
- Construct and code Vernie the Robot to dance, rock out on the Guitar4000, foster Frankie the Cat, interact with the Autobuilder, or explore a new discovery with the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4). The IQ-boosting activities are endless!
- Award-winning toy and the perfect gift for kids and teenagers. Instructions for all 5 models are included with the free LEGO BOOST app. Download in the Amazon Appstore: amazon.com/dp/B075LL7KGB. Requires 6x AAA 1.5V batteries (not included).
Best LEGO Education Sets and Toys for Primary School Kids 2019
- LEGO Education WeDo 2.0 Core Set 45300
- LEGO DUPLO Early Simple Machines for Kindergarten STEM by LEGO Education
- LEGO Education Simple Machines Set 9689
- Lego Education Wedo 2.0 Core Set 45300
- WeDo 2.0 features wireless technology
- A built-in documentation tool along with assessment rubrics
- A design library full of ideas and inspiration for creating solutions to projects
- The set helps kindergarteners through second graders discover how gears, axles, pulleys, and more work by building them using LEGO DUPLO bricks.
- Downloadable curriculum pack contains 12 lessons: 6 beginner lessons, 4 intermediate lessons, and 2 advanced lessons.
- Additional support materials provided in this curriculum pack include teacher guidance and student worksheets.
- For up to 3 students, ages 5 and up
Best LEGO Education Sets and Toys for Preschool Kids 2019
- LEGO Education DUPLO Coding Express 45025
- LEGO STEAM Park for creative STEAM play by LEGO Education DUPLO
- LEGO Build Me “Emotions” Set for Social Emotional Development by LEGO Education DUPLO
- LEGO Our Town Set for Role Play by LEGO Education DUPLO
- LEGO Animal Bingo Game for Shape and Color Recognition by LEGO Education DUPLO
- LEGO Duplo Tech Machines 45015
- LEGO Education Space and Airport Set
- Community People Set for Exploring Roles and Responsibilities by LEGO Education DUPLO
- Sceneries Set for Storytelling and Building by LEGO Education
- Set includes 234 LEGO DUPLO bricks for a hands-on introduction to steam
- Free optional app combines physical play with digital Intervention
- Coding express teacher guide with 8 steam online lessons: 4 lessons use the physical set and 4 lessons use the digital app.
- Lessons were developed based on the National Association for The education of young children (naeyc)
- Set includes 295 LEGO DUPLO bricks, including gears, tracks, pulleys, boats, and figures
- 8 double-sided building inspiration cards with 16 models to build and 5 activity idea cards to inspire playful learning
- Steam park teacher guide with 8 steam lessons for free download
- A selection of online learn-to-build mini animations
- Includes unique bricks with various facial expressions, along with a variety of shapes in exciting colors, an activity card with inspirational teaching ideas and 8 double-sided cards provide 16 character-templates with storage
- Access to online videos offer even more engaging activity ideas
- Build Me "Emotions" Teacher Guide available for free download
- For up to 8 children, target age 3-5
- Massive set with 280 pieces included!
- Comes with 8 double-sided building inspiration cards including 16 models to build
- Includes 5 activity idea cards to inspire play and learning
- Welcome to Animal Bingo, a new twist on a fun, classic game
- Preschoolers pick a building card enabling them to construct their animal by collecting the corresponding bricks as they are drawn
- As they build the colorful and simple models, they engage in shape and color recognition and matching
- Preschoolers will explore collaborative play as they communicate and work with other children, follow game rules, and take turns
- Transform your children into expert builders!
- You will help children develop their fine motor and problem-solving skills
- Children can unleash their creativity as they construct classic machines.
- 1,176-piece LEGO Education space and airport set
- Includes elements for building a space shuttle, satellites, airplanes, helicopters, an airport, and more, for students to role-play exploring travel and different forms of transportation
- Supports a group of five students, age four years and older
- Use the Community People Set to introduce preschoolers to different people and occupations
- With 20 unique LEGO DUPLO figures, children will explore important topics, such as gender, age, relationships and the unique roles and responsibilities of people in the community
- The set invites children to role play, giving each character a distinct voice. In addition, the set has a wheelchair that will help them explore the needs of others
- Piece Count 21
- 1,207-piece LEGO Education sceneries set
- Includes bricks in a wide range of colors, and special elements for students to build a variety of settings and characters, using imagination and creativity
- Supports a group of five students, age four years and older
”Hands-on learning has benefited many young minds. As we continue to grow in this area, emphasis on creative and meaningful hands-on experiencesshould be used to reach a greater, and more diverse population of students.” – Lynne Boucher, STEAM Director & Educator
“Students need confidence to allow them to explore and be exposed to higher-order thinking skills. When children are asked to step beyond memorizing and repeating what the instructor is doing, they need to believe that they will not experience negative consequences for unsuccessful attempts.” – Ned Sheehy, U.S. LEGO Education Master Educator
RELATED BUYING GUIDES
Lifelong learning starts with confidence: https://le-www-live-s.legocdn.com/sc/media/files/campaigns/spring2019/lego_edu_and_confidence_paper-877dae7420f3927b7debe7cbdb4ea7f0.pdf?la=en-us
LEGO Education SPIKE Prime STEAM Learning Tool: https://le-www-live-s.legocdn.com/sc/media/files/campaigns/spring2019/fact%20sheets/en-us-nobleed-lego_education_spike_prime_fact_sheet-649b3385ca711a319025b05d64516f05.pdf?la=en-us
LEGO Education: https://education.lego.com/en-us
Prices and product information last updated on 2019-12-11 · Product information and images source: Amazon Product Advertising API · Technika participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may receive commissions on purchases made through our links to retailer sites.